What you need:
- ¼ Hokkaido-pumkin(or any other kind)
- 300g red lentils
- 1 red pepper
- spinach leaves
- fresh ginger (quantity depends on your taste)
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 300ml vegetable stock
- plain yoghurt (optional)
- olive oil to fry
- ginger powder
- chili powder
- curry pulp (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Chop your onion and garlic clove in fine slices. The pumkin and pepper should be sliced into small cubes.
- Fry the onions and garlic in a preheated pan with olive oil
- Add some of your stock and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Continue with adding the lentils, the coconut milk and the rest of your stock to the pot.
- When everything is combined and still saucy, mix the washed spinach in the stey until it’s soft. You can eat the spinach as a side salad as well, if you prefer.
- Last but not least: Add all the spices, including the finely cut ginger and chili pepper.
Optional: Add plain yoghurt and some of the fresh ginger on top for some extracreaminess and flavor.